THE essential elements of the argument:
1. We face an epidemic of suicide, and brain-related wounds afflicting service members’ mental and physical health
2. Billions of $$$ are being spent on research and unproven even hurtful drugs and devices that exacerbate the problems in too many cases.
3. DOD/VA/Army conducted HBOT studies that queered the outcomes with their corrupted scientific methods, but their DATA show HBOT works.
4. Business as usual affects over 800,000 wounded and their families while BILLIONS of $$$ are expended on drugs and fruitless psychological and other unproven interventions
5. The reasons for their “HBOT does not work” position are many but reduce to flawed conclusions about: cost, danger, size of problem, closed minds, and entrenched interests, especially Big Pharma
6. The cost to the nation: 20 suicides a day, hollowing out of Special Operations forces, $60,000 cost/per year for each untreated brain injury, and corrosive effects of wounded who are told: “There is no treatment to help you.”
7. The Treatment does exist: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy when used by the TreatNOW Coalition and multiple clinics across the US and world have positive scientific and clinical evidence in over 2,300 cases that HBOT helps heal wounded brains and returns patients to a life denied them by DOD/VA/Army that will not use or pay for HBOT treatment for TBI/PTSD/PCS/Concussion
8. The solution is hiding in plain sight: allow the use of TRICARE/Choice cards by brain-wounded to go on civilian/private market to obtain pre-approved treatment.
So much is left out; so much more to say. An essential component of our culture: The Concussion Protocol as practiced by the DOD/VA/Army, the NFL, the NCAA, the overwhelming ## of ERs and high schools around the world is the equivalent of criminal negligence and medical malpractice. If you refuse to recognize and treat the wound to the brain, it isn’t going to Heal. Symptoms will abate and the wounded may feel better, but beware the long-term effects, particularly when the insults to the head continue. And this factoid: Since the Army now recognizes that BLAST injury is the likely CAUSE of the sequelae diagnosed as “only PTSD” we are confronted with an additional 325,000 likely misdiagnosed TBIs.